top of page
WHAT WE BELIEVE
An English-speaking church in Lisbon
Our Core Values
1. We believe the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
2. We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy. The Lord Jesus Christ is both God and man and is the only one who can reconcile us to God. Each time we partake of communion we remember Jesus lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
3. We believe sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives. In order to receive forgiveness we must repent of our sins, believe in Jesus Christ and submit to His will for our lives. God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and powerful lives in order to help others more effectively. In order to live the holy, fruitful, and power-filled lives God intends for us, we need to be baptized in water, set our mind on Him and His purpose, and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience in the early Christian Church. With it comes the receiving of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts of the spirit and their uses in the work of the ministry.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is manifested through a variety of spiritual gifts to build and sanctify the church, demonstrate the validity of the resurrection, and confirm the power of the Gospel. The Bible’s list of these gifts found in 1 Corinthians 12, and we encourage the operation of the gifts of the Spirit in our gatherings. All believers are commanded to earnestly desire the manifestation of the gifts in their lives. These gifts always operate in harmony with the Scriptures and should never be used in violation of Biblical parameters.
5. We believe God has individually equipped us and corporately gathered the church as His living body so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives, which is to worship God, strengthen the Church, and share the Gospel with the community in which we live. Every believer is called to help people find and follow Jesus! We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised and will rule and reign on this earth. History will conclude as the wicked are judged and the righteous enter a new heaven and a new earth.
LIFE Church is affiliated with the Assemblies of God, a global Pentecostal cooperative fellowship of churches. For further reading on Assemblies of God theology, click here.
bottom of page